By RayPWE @ March 23, 2012 at 2:30pm
We are excited to announce that the Nightfall expansion will be released on March 28th! Mark your calendars and make sure to join us on launch day!
*Note: Maintenance will be held during our regularly scheduled day on Tuesday, March 27th (11PM PDT).
Nightfall Patch Notes
New Game Features:
1) New Maps: Nightfall Citadel and Aepelio
- Travel to the lost kingdom of Aepelio by visiting any teleporter. This map is most useful to characters between Lv60 and 80, but anyone can visit and take in the sights.
- Explore Nightfall Citadel to see many of your old friends from Freedom Harbor in their new Shops, including a brand new Tavern for Charlie.
- The untamed lands of Aepelio are still shattered from the wars that raged through the kingdom. Killing the monsters outside the Citadel will give you greater Soul Power rewards, as well as the chance to drop special items.
- All maps are now available to any level player. Levels listed are the recommended levels for those zones.
2) Quests and Events
- A new batch of Daily quests are available in Nightfall Citadel. Check the Daily Event tab for details of the new Quests: Run Boy, Run, Nightfall Secrets, and Watch Rotation. All three quests will give Nightfall Reputation and a chance at Soul Power.
- Speak to Claudius Aepelio Daily to receive a new quest to unlock the Treasury. Fabulous rewards can be gained after unsealing a treasury card.
- New Kill Quests: Available from Melinda in Nightfall Citadel. These can be purchased for a wide variety of level ranges and with give EXP and, later, Soul Power rewards.
- Exp Transfer for High Level mentors: At Level 70 and above visit the Airship in Nightfall Citadel to purchase an Ancient Box for mentor points. Unlock the box with Exp to receive a Holyspirit Sutra which can be used by characters up to Lv69 for large amounts of Exp.
3) Soul Power: Dyos' Virtue or Nyos' Vice
- Choose the path of the gods through a new Main Quest for Lv60+ players starting at Ferrie in Freedom Harbor. This quest will take you through the new maps and introduce the system.
- Soul Power is gained by killing monsters Lv60+, with bonus amounts from the monsters scattered around Aepelio and inside instances.
- Runes drop from Lv60+ mobs. These can be used to power up specific talents. Combine Runes at Josselyn in Nightfall Citadel. Make sure to try out all the combinations, choosing the right runes can mean the difference between vanquishing your foes or waiting for that resurrection.
4) Flying Mounts
- Accept the Quest Taking Flight from Flying Tutor Nadine in Freedom Harbor to unlock the ability to fly.
- Flying mounts are available from Nadine or the Eyrda Boutique. Keep an eye out for other hidden ways to get a special flying mount.
- There are two speeds of flying. Cruising costs Mana, and Accelerating costs Flying Energy. Press E to switch quickly between the two flying modes.
- Flying is leveled simply by being on your flying mount. Every minute you will Gain 1 point of Flying Exp.
- Flying Mounts can have their Primary and Secondary Colors Dyed to make them stand out even more. This is available at Nadine, or the Flying Tutor in Nightfall Citadel.
- Several Flying Daily quests can be found around the main cities. Keep trying them to win random dyes for your mounts and Sky Emblems needed to raise your flying level.
- Don't be afraid to explore! There are new flying bosses on most maps to provide an extra challenge to taking to the skies.
5) New Instances
- New Gear Instance: Tomb of Kings. This instance is for players Lv75+. The entrance can be found at Ramses Desollar just outside of Nightfall Citadel. Test yourself against the traps within the tomb to steal Akena Desollar's lost treasure!
- New Instance: Ghostfang Castle. This instance is for players Lv60+, the party Leader must have at least 60 weekly dedication. Defeat the Insane Baron of the Castle to gain Runes and extra Soul Power to level your Virtue/Vice!
- New Random Instance: Wade's Fishin' Hole. This instance is for players Lv60+. It will appear randomly at one of 3 locations, keep an eye out in world chat for Wade's announcement. Once inside, defeat waves of enemies for gear refining items.
- New Random Instance: Defend Dusk Town! This instance is for Lv60+ players. Enter from a Random location every hour to fight to reclaim Dusk Town from invading monsters. Use scrolls to summon the final boss for a chance at more Runes and Soul Power. Rumor has it one of the bosses might have a flying mount!
- Immortal Rift is now a Territory Wars system. While the method of battling will be the same, Guilds can now take and defend different regions of Eyrda.
- Sign up for Territory Wars at Leonidas at the same time as Immortal Rift Bidding used to be.
- Rewards are based on the power of your chosen Deity, so don't be afraid to help out guilds that are on your side!
- Each zone you enter will display the name of the Guild that controls it. Will your guild be the first to dominate Eyrda?
- New Guild Base Collection Event: Astral Shine. Travel to other bases to collect meteorites, but make sure to also protect your own! This even occurs every Sunday at 3pm, Rewards are calculated after 15 minutes, so be quick. Not available until Storm Era.
7) New Arena Season
- The new Arena system starts on April 3rd! All current points can be used until then, and afterwards at special vendors.
- Rankings and current season points will be reset so everyone has a chance to gain the coveted new arena gear!
- A new Arena Gear dealer can be found in Nightfall Citadel once the new season has started.
8) Mastery and Resistance Reset
- Choose Reset Mastery and Resistance at your Skill Trainer in Freedom Harbor and place the Book of Masteries in the Interface. The Book of Masteries can be found in the Eyrda Boutique.
- Mastery and Resistance will be converted into a spendable point value. You will be able to spend these points instead of Gold and Energy.
- Surpassed Mastery and Resistance Gates will not be reset.
9) Gear Reforging
- Using items dropped by Lv60+ monsters, you can add a percent increase to the primary stats of any piece of gear that is marked: Able to be Reforged.
- Open the Odyssey Tab of the Shylia Market to see your progress. Completion of certain events will result in prize packs containing some great rewards.
- Odyssey's can be completed in any order or any time you choose and will not be reset.
11) Era Changes
- New Era's can be seen by hovering over the prayer button in the top center of the screen.
- Pray frequently to unlock the new Eras for even better personal and server-wide rewards.
12) Help Interface+Leveling Guide
- The Help Interface has been renovated. Clicking on any of the buttons will lead you to a page with more information than we could fit before. This UI also gives you access to the Encyclopedia.
- The Interface is now broken down into a handy leveling guide aimed at giving you the best information for your specific level.
- Book of Masteries: This item can be purchased from the Eyrda Boutique. It is used at your class trainer to convert your Mastery and Resistance into spendable Training Points.
- Flying Mounts: These can be found all over Eyrda, or in the Boutique. Accept the quest Taking Flight from Flying Tutor Nadine in Freedom Harbor to unlock the ability to fly.
- Essence of Flight: An item available from the Flying Tutors or the Eyrda Boutique, it can be consumed to regain Flying Energy points which allow you to Accelerate on your Flying Mount.
- Reforging Items: These items are dropped by Lv60+ monsters. They can be used at any Armorer or Blacksmith to Reforge appropriate gear. Reforging will enhance the primary stats of your gear by a percentage.
- Runes: These items are dropped by level 60+ mobs. Combine them at Josselyn in Nightfall Citadel for even more power, and more specific Runes. Runes contain the power to advance one of 3 colored Rune tracks, and some will enhance specific talents.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks:
- Now Able to Send 2 pets on Journeys at once. Click the button on the Journey UI to expand Journey slots.
- All mobs have had their Health and Mana reduced, to facilitate gaining Soul Power and Runes.
- Scrolling now changes Pages in the Eyrda Boutique.
- Players can now set an option to have moving break spell casting as well as Esc or the interrupt casting skill.
- Low level Life in the Harbor quests will now grant higher soul gold rewards.
- Run Girl Run grants more Refine items.
- Fortification cost of Shard gear is reduced by 50%.
- Vanessa sells some Lv77 purple Gear for Mentor Points.
- EXP Aid costs reduced. Changed the Soul Coins instead of Gold Coins to transfer Gods' Trial runs into Exp Aid.
- More Guild Bases will be up for auction.
- More Visual Optimization options added to allow players to improve their performance.
- Soul Coin cost of Refine Transfer reduced.
- Two new Pet Journeys added to gain Soul Power.
- Gems now stack!!! Other Daily Consumables have had their stack sized increased.
- Mana potion prices reduced at the Remedy Dealers.
- World Elites now drop more Soul Coins.
- Increased loot drops by all world monsters.
- Teleportation Crystal and Mailbox added to the Advanced Training Grounds.
- Pets now have a "Strength Level" to more easily distinguish pet values.
- Time to gather Cryolite in Guild Battles is reduced.
- Total Devotion extended to 190 days.
- Rewards for the Sea of Oblivion Main Quest are increased.
- Can purchase Storm Gems and Shards with Champion Hero Reputation.
- Energy Cost for Bounty Quests removed, and they now grant more Exp and can be done up to 15 times/day.
- Encyclopedia has received many fixes. It should be significantly easier to navigate and read now.
- Players will no longer get stuck on the Sundown Road bridge in Dusk Town.
- Life in the Harbor Event Description from the Available Tab no longer calling from an incorrect cell.
- Stoneman Weapons no longer float away when dancing.
- Immortal Rift lose graphic now correctly in English.
- Floral White Bottoms now have the correct icon in the cash shop.
*Known Issues will be available on the Bug report Forum the day of Launch.